[Eril-l] limiting Kanopy

Rebecca Holloway rholloway at califa.org
Mon Mar 18 15:22:02 PDT 2019

Hi all- just wanted to mention that I attended the recent SCELC Colloquium<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TUe9I0ht0n--Iutajs5rAzY060QpQ5dn/view>, and this came up as a topic. Joshua Keyes from the Claremont Colleges presented "Curbing the Stream: Developing a Sustainable Streaming Video Strategy." I don't have contact info for Joshua, except for what I found on the CC website: https://libguides.libraries.claremont.edu/prf.php?account_id=181565.  Hope this may be helpful to someone. The solution he presented may not work for all (anything already available in another format or another subscription service was disabled for immediate streaming, and the user would need to request access to stream this content), but it is one option. I do hope we can find a way to get our users access to all the content the want and need, while not going bankrupt in the process.