[Eril-l] CLOCKSS Archive and RedLink(R) Announce the Preservation of Remarq(R) Curated User Comments

Nicola Poser nposer at redlink.com
Wed Mar 20 07:02:01 PDT 2019

**apologies for cross-posting**

Remarq, the editorial engagement and researcher collaboration platform from
RedLink®, will give publishers the ability to preserve user comments in
CLOCKSS.

*March 20, 2019, Westborough MA –* RedLink <https://redlink.com> and CLOCKSS
<https://clockss.org/> are pleased to announce the ability for publishers
to preserve curated user comments submitted and managed via Remarq
<https://remarqable.com/>.

Remarq is RedLink’s tool for the research and education communities
offering collaboration, annotation, commenting, article sharing, and
editorial tools, all on the publisher’s site and utilizing the version of
record. Remarq launched in 2017 and has seen rapid adoption by journal
publishers and end-users.

Through this arrangement with Remarq, CLOCKSS expands the web-based
scholarly content it preserves, which will now include user comments
created and curated using Remarq tools and administrative systems. Remarq
comments can contain images, videos, figures, and tables, and can be
co-authored to support academic collaboration. Comments can be generated by
authors, editors, invited experts, and readers on the article page.

“Remarq already hosts hundreds of comments, thanks to how publishers have
cultivated involvement with their communities,” said Kent Anderson, CEO of
RedLink. “We’re pleased to have established this relationship with CLOCKSS,
and proud to see how the robust commenting systems and administrative tools
we’ve created for Remarq enable quality commentary worth preserving.”

“Scholarly content is evolving, and as a digital preservation solution, the
CLOCKSS Archive constantly reviews the scope of the content types that we
preserve. We are pleased to work with RedLink to preserve the comments
using Remarq, and to expand our scope to test the inclusion of
post-publication content in our archive,” said CLOCKSS Executive Director
Craig Van Dyck.

Full release attached and available at:

https://redlink.com/clockss-archive-and-redlink-announce-the-preservation-of-remarq-curated-user-comments

*Nicola Poser*