[Eril-l] quick survey about turnitin funding

Tabitha Ochtera tochtera at molloy.edu
Thu Mar 14 07:43:47 PDT 2019

Hi all,
I am searching for some collective wisdom. It's that time of year where the library director meets with the administration to discuss the library's budget.
Some background: our library budget currently covers the cost of the college's Turnitin subscription. Turnitin used to be under IT but was transferred to the library a few years ago. I am curious as to how many other library budgets are supporting a Turnitin subscription. If the library is supporting the subscription costs, did the institution adjust the library's budget to accommodate it? I have created a google form with these questions and a few more. I am not asking about the specific cost of your subscription, just who is responsible for funding it. The survey is as anonymous as possible but I do ask for the institution's name so I can weed out possible duplicate responses. I will not include the institutions' names in my report to the library director.

Please fill out the survey below:
https://goo.gl/forms/QBvvQabJh03Gihj53

Any insight will be helpful.
Thank you,