[Eril-l] [External] Re: limiting Kanopy

Martincik, Lisa L lisa-martincik at uiowa.edu
Wed Mar 13 13:48:19 PDT 2019

Aside from two small, subject-based PDAs that are funded by subject selectors, our Kanopy orders are entirely title-by-title and placed by Acquisitions. With rare exceptions we pay only for titles that faculty request for classes; it’s quite time-consuming and still not cheap, but we have caught requests that are for titles already in our catalog or otherwise unsuitable. Even so we plan to re-examine our criteria in light of the continual increase for streaming video and continual shrinkage of our budget. ☹

Best,
Lisa
Lisa Martincik     lisa-martincik at uiowa.edu<mailto:lisa-martincik at uiowa.edu>
Electronic Resources Librarian