[Eril-l] Project Muse individual ebook titles and knowledge base collections?

Melissa Belvadi mbelvadi at upei.ca
Mon Jan 28 12:07:53 PST 2019

EBSCO's EDS has a "package" called "Project MUSE eBooks" which has over
54,000 titles. EDS librarian admins can selectively turn on specific
titles, either manually or by uploading a tsv file appropriately formatted.
We have the PM EBA but haven't used this package because we load all the
records into our catalog, and they are both searchable and clickable from
the "custom catalog" records in EDS that result from that. In EDS, adding a
title to the knowledge base does not also add it to the discovery service
search index. I don't know if that's true for the other discovery services,
but I'd be interested to know because that is a frequent point of confusion
for EDS librarians.
We have gotten a spreadsheet from PM that I could with some minor effort
load into EDS, but just haven't bothered because of the above custom
catalog option.

Melissa Belvadi
Collections Librarian
University of Prince Edward Island