[Eril-l] Project Muse individual ebook titles and knowledge base collections?

Lisa Gonzalez lgonzalez at palni.edu
Mon Jan 28 11:57:04 PST 2019

Hello all,

I wanted to check and see if any library using Alma, Summon or EDS has been
using a knowledge base collection from Project Muse to manage
title-by-title ebook purchases from Project Muse, which are available
through GOBI and OASIS: https://about.muse.jhu.edu/librarians/book-products/.
We use OCLC's knowledge base, and Project Muse provides knowledge base
collections for the annual and the subject collections, but have not
provided a title-by-title collection or an EBA collection. I had heard that
other platforms had received title-by-title knowledge base collections from
Project Muse, but I haven't been able to confirm that. Can any library
using a discovery system other than OCLC's confirm that their system has a
Project Muse knowledge base collection that includes all available ebooks?

--

Lisa Gonzalez | PALNI Knowledge Base and License Manager Librarian
Private Academic Library Network of Indiana

317-550-5229 | lgonzalez at palni.edu | www.palni.edu