[Eril-l] Google Scholar questions

Waters, Thomas twaters1 at brenau.edu
Mon Jan 28 13:14:27 PST 2019

Good afternoon, everyone:

My dean has asked me to inquire about other libraries' experiences with
making their resources available to patrons through Google Scholar. In
particular, we would like to know:

1) Do you choose to make all of your electronic resources available through
Google Scholar? If not, what factors do you consider in determining whether
to make them available or not?

2) Have you found that particular resources don't work well with Google
Scholar--e.g. holdings never appear, links don't resolve correctly, etc.?

3) Does making a large number of resources available have any impact on the
functionality of Google Scholar?

Thanks for any input that you all can provide!

--
Thomas Waters, MA, MLIS
Technical Services Librarian

500 Washington Street SE
Gainesville, GA 30501
770-718-5303
twaters1 at brenau.edu

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail and any attachments are confidential
and may also be privileged.  If you are not the named recipient, please
notify the sender immediately and delete the contents of this message
without disclosing the contents to anyone, using them for any purpose, or
storing or copying the information on any medium.