[Eril-l] Going mediated for EBSCO DDA?

Roen Janyk RJanyk at okanagan.bc.ca
Wed Aug 21 12:13:22 PDT 2019

We have scaled down our DDA and it is working well. Costs are staying more inline and we are getting better quality titles. Often if a librarian wants to purchase a title in ebook format they add it to the DDA pool when it is an option, and it may or may not get used/triggered. Gets around the long tale issue a bit.

·         We moved to DDA records only manually added by librarians.

·         We no longer add DDA records to the catalogue (only EDS and holdings management)

·         Many of our e-book titles that we also have in print have much higher usage (ie. one title in print with 0 circs has had 188 ebook uses)

·         We manually remove dups as they come up

·         We removed short term loans and went right to purchase.

Regards,

Roën

Roën Janyk, BA MLIS
Web Services Librarian