[Eril-l] Going mediated for EBSCO DDA?

Harper, Cynthia charper at vts.edu
Wed Aug 21 12:07:50 PDT 2019

Have any of you gone mediated for EBSCO DDA?  My problem is that we are just implementing EBSCO EDS, and we were excluding titles from DDA if we owned the print version.  In addition, in EDS, it appears that the DDA content is appearing at the top of the result list rather than having content that we already own at the top of the list.  My director has really wanted it to be transparent to the user tha these are coming from content we're purchasing on demand, but I'm wondering if it would be better to let the user know, and position these as a later step in their research.

In the library catalog, I was putting ebkisbns in an index, and only loading the DDA item if it didn't have a match on ebkisbn.  I may be getting dupes on Proquest books and EBSCO DDAs, need to check.

In any case, we really made a hit on the budget in our first few weeks with EDS.

Cindy Harper
Virginia Theological Seminary