[Eril-l] Search Extended – A.T. Still University - Electronic Resources Librarian
hbright at atsu.edu
Wed Aug 21 13:10:56 PDT 2019
* Search Extended – A.T. Still University - Electronic Resources Librarian *
Established in 1892 by A.T. Still, DO, the founder of osteopathy, A.T.
Still University (ATSU) began as the nation’s first college of osteopathic
medicine and has evolved into a leading university of health sciences
comprising 2 colleges and 4 schools on 2 campuses and online. Today, ATSU
offers master’s degrees across allied health disciplines and doctorates in
osteopathic medicine, dental medicine, athletic training, audiology, health
administration, health education, health sciences, occupational therapy,
and physical therapy.
ATSU’s Arizona campus is located in Mesa, the state’s third largest city.
This progressive city, adjacent to Phoenix, is a dynamic urban setting with
a first-class business environment.
Coordinate with internal and external partners to ensure continued access
to subscribed electronic resources. Electronic resource access, including
access to databases, journals, streaming video, and e-books, primarily
through our discovery tool (EBSCO EDS), A-Z Journals list, link resolver,
Open Athens authentication system, and a potential institutional repository.
- Responsibility for the lifecycle of the library’s e-resources:
implementation, testing, troubleshooting, and customizing for the best user
- Maintain and improve the design of Still OneSearch (EBSCO EDS), the
anchor discovery tool of our discovery system.
- Lead support efforts and troubleshooting for any technical electronic
access issues that arise in conjunction with library team.
- Support electronic resource orders and renewals for library
acquisition using vendor systems, e-commerce sites and bibliographic
databases, verify accuracy of data, and monitor requests for duplicates.
- Oversee the tracking, management, and provision of electronic resource
usage statistics. Manage conversion from COUNTER 4 to COUNTER 5 formats.
- Communicate with team members and other library personnel about
electronic access issues.
- Manage projects related to this position.
- Build strong relationships with library staff and vendors.
- Lead library’s LibTech committee.
- Serve as secretary for the university’s ASIT committee.
- Performs additional duties and assists with special projects as
- An American Library Association–accredited master’s degree in library
or information science, computer science, or a related field.
- Knowledge of discovery tools (preferably EDS), authentication tools
(preferably OpenAthens), COUNTER and SUSHI, health sciences databases and
admin functionality in said databases.
- Experience managing electronic resources and/or troubleshooting
- Detailed understanding of current models, practices, and tools used by
academic libraries for the acquisition and management of e-resources.
- Demonstrated aptitude and experience with relevant information
technology, such as library discovery tools (e.g., EBSCO EDS), open-URL
resolvers, and Microsoft Office including proficiency with Excel.
- Good problem-solving, communication, and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of resource description principles and standards, especially
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with resource management utilities (e.g., OCLC), and
automated library software.
- Successful experience managing complex projects.
- 2–3 years of experience managing scholarly electronic resources
- Experience maintaining databases and information management systems in
academic library settings.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a portfolio of scholarly electronic
resources in complex publishing.
- Knowledge of current issues and trends in managing scholarly resources
and e-resource management tools.
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development.
- Knowledge of one or more programming languages.
Please go to the following link to apply:
Hal Bright, MLS, AHIP
University Library Director
Electronic Resources Librarian | ASDOH Liaison Librarian
A.T. Still Memorial Library - A.T. Still U. of the Health Sciences
5850 E. Still Circle
Mesa, AZ 85206
hbright at atsu.edu
A.T. Still University of Health Sciences serves as a learning-centered
university dedicated to preparing highly competent professionals through
innovative academic programs with a commitment to continue its osteopathic
heritage and focus on whole person healthcare, scholarship, community
health, interprofessional education, diversity, and underserved populations.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Eril-l