[Eril-l] EDS v. Summon

Adam L. Chandler alc28 at cornell.edu
Thu Aug 15 09:59:39 PDT 2019

Hi Karen,

You (and others in a similar situation) might be interested in this recent Cornell report.

"User Services and Technical Services Analysis of Ex Libris vs EBSCO Discovery Layer and Electronic Resources Management Tools"

Abstract
With CUL's planned move to FOLIO for library resource management, it makes sense to consider implementing EBSCO's Discover Service (EDS) and related electronic resources management (ERM) tools, as they will integrate more closely with FOLIO than does our Discovery and ERM solution from Ex Libris, Summon and Intota. Separate groups worked to assess the pros and cons from both a user services and technical services perspective. After considered analysis, the groups' consensus is to recommend that CUL shift to the EBSCO-based discovery and ERM services.

https://hdl.handle.net/1813/66089

Adam