[Eril-l] EDS v. Summon

Sheldon, Karen karen.sheldon at delval.edu
Thu Aug 15 08:14:18 PDT 2019

I'm hoping to rely on the collective wisdom. Two years ago, we received an offer from ProQuest to switch over to Summon and their subject databases from EBSCO's Discovery and Complete collections. The pricing was excellent but we didn't give it much thought because we were very happy with our EBSCO services.

As the prices for EBSCO keep increasing, we've started to wonder about Summon and the other ProQuest databases. Is anyone a primarily ProQuest customer? I'd appreciate any feedback on the pros and cons of each company.

Karen Sheldon
Electronic and Instructional Services
Assistant Professor, Library
Delaware Valley University
700 East Butler Ave., Doylestown PA 18901
215.489.4968 | karen.sheldon at delval.edu<mailto:karen.sheldon at delval.edu>