[Eril-l] ScienceDirect Journals - "500 Status Code Error" through OpenAthens

Shoko Tokoro stokoro at uncc.edu
Thu Aug 15 10:14:22 PDT 2019

Hi,

Has anyone experienced a "500 Status Code Error" through OpenAthens URLs?
We noticed at the end of last month that accessing ScienceDirect journals
through OpenAthens links received the following error message.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/user/error/ATN-22

{"statusCode":500,"error":"Internal Server Error","message":"An
internal server error occurred"}

[image: image.png]

EBSCO, who manages our OpenAthens, has submitted a ticket to Elsevier.
Elsevier, on the other hand, says that they don't manage a Redirector and
it's not something they can fix.  They suggest that we create a WayFless URL
<https://service.elsevier.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28537/supporthub/elsevieraccess/>
.

I’d appreciate any information you can provide on this issue or similar
issues.

Regards,
Shoko
Shoko Tokoro | Electronic and Continuing Resources Librarian
UNC Charlotte | J. Murrey Atkins Library | http://library.uncc.edu
9201 University City Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28223-0001
704.687.1102 | stokoro at uncc.edu

If you are not the intended recipient of this transmission or a person
responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, any disclosure,
copying, distribution, or other use of any of the information in this
transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission
in error, please notify me immediately by reply e-mail or by telephone at
704-687-1102. Thank you.