[Eril-l] Infobase Films on Demand Chat Popup Feature

Wallis, Lisa l-wallis at neiu.edu
Tue Apr 2 14:07:04 PDT 2019

I agree it could be confusing. Do you know if/how they will refer questions
to a home library? Are they planning to direct the inevitable
library-related questions to the libraries' home pages, at least? What if
the problem with FoD is authentication related?

If they have thought about these issues and have a plan (rather than just
saying "Sorry. Not us. Contact your library."), then it could work.

On Tue, Apr 2, 2019 at 1:48 PM Kearns, Jane E. <JKearns at vtc.vsc.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
>

>    Films on Demand added a Chat Help popup which pops up in the interface
> when you initially visit their page. I contacted them to ask to have it
> turned off – concerned that it will confuse students looking for research
> or directional help service from our Library live chat help. It’s only been
> active a couple of weeks but they said they have not had any other
> libraries ask to have it turned off or express having issues with it.
>

> Anyone else feel this could be confusing?
>
> Jane
>

> *Jane Kearns  | *Library Director * | *Hartness Library *| *Vermont Tech
> & CCV
>

> 802.728.1231  |  jkearns at vtc.edu
>

> [image:
> https://68ef2f69c7787d4078ac-7864ae55ba174c40683f10ab811d9167.ssl.cf1.rackcdn.com/instagram-icon_24x24.png]
> <https://www.instagram.com/hartnesslibrary/>  [image:
> https://68ef2f69c7787d4078ac-7864ae55ba174c40683f10ab811d9167.ssl.cf1.rackcdn.com/facebook-icon_24x24.png]
> <https://www.facebook.com/HartnessLibrary>
>

> VERMONT STATE COLLEGES PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is
> for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged or
> confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify
> the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of an email
> received in error is prohibited.

Lisa Wallis, Acting Dean of Libraries

eResources & Systems Librarian / Associate Professor

Ronald Williams Library

Northeastern Illinois University

5500 North St. Louis Avenue, Chicago, IL 60625

Phone: (773) 442-4571

Library Administration: (773) 442-4470

www.neiu.edu

[image: NEIU_150_logo.png] <https://neiu.edu/>