[Eril-l] Infobase Films on Demand Chat Popup Feature

Kearns, Jane E. JKearns at vtc.vsc.edu
Tue Apr 2 11:48:04 PDT 2019

Hi,

   Films on Demand added a Chat Help popup which pops up in the interface when you initially visit their page. I contacted them to ask to have it turned off - concerned that it will confuse students looking for research or directional help service from our Library live chat help. It's only been active a couple of weeks but they said they have not had any other libraries ask to have it turned off or express having issues with it.

Anyone else feel this could be confusing?

Jane

Jane Kearns  | Library Director  | Hartness Library | Vermont Tech & CCV

802.728.1231  |  jkearns at vtc.edu<mailto:jkearns at vtc.edu>

[https://68ef2f69c7787d4078ac-7864ae55ba174c40683f10ab811d9167.ssl.cf1.rackcdn.com/instagram-icon_24x24.png]<https://www.instagram.com/hartnesslibrary/>  [https://68ef2f69c7787d4078ac-7864ae55ba174c40683f10ab811d9167.ssl.cf1.rackcdn.com/facebook-icon_24x24.png] <https://www.facebook.com/HartnessLibrary>

VERMONT STATE COLLEGES PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged or confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of an email received in error is prohibited.