[Eril-l] ACS Journal Packages

Beth Jacoby bjacoby at ycp.edu
Wed Oct 24 06:16:00 PDT 2018

We also dropped the "all pubs" package about 6 years ago and also dropped
the archives. ACS allowed us to customize the Core package, selecting 14 of
our most-used journals in addition to *Chemical & Engineering News Global
Enterprises* and *Journal of Chemical Education*.  We also blow through our
250 tokens by April or May.

Almost every year, our Chemistry program has year-end money and asks us to
buy more tokens. They are extremely expensive, but we get them as long as
we're using their funds. If we were to move to a token-only system, we'd
pay much more than what we're paying for the customized Core package based
on our usage stats. We've tried repeatedly to get our chemistry faculty to
use ILL for non-subscribed articles, but they don't use it, even though
we'd get most of the articles via RapidILL within hours.

Beth Jacoby
Content Development Librarian
Schmidt Library
Library & Technology Services