[Eril-l] Position announcement: Electronic Resources Librarian (Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia)

Diana Ryan Diana.Ryan at jefferson.edu
Wed Oct 17 10:21:59 PDT 2018

Please excuse any duplication.

Are you so organized you color code your to-do list or calendar? Do you like to problem solve and brainstorm ways to improve how things get done?
If you like variety in your workload and enjoy being part of a collaborative team, then the job of Electronic Resources Librarian is for you! Thomas Jefferson University's Scott Memorial Library is seeking an experienced and energetic Electronic Resources Librarian to join our talented collection management team at our Center City campus.
As Electronic Resources Librarian, you will creatively evaluate and advance the Library's collection tools and workflow to ultimately improve the library experience for our members.
In the role you will:

*        Run the Libraries' enterprise management, discovery and ILL systems, which include Alma/Primo, ILLiad, RAPID, EZproxy, and others.

*        Maintain and update electronic journal holdings using an electronic resource management (ERM) system: compile and analyze resource usage statistics for budget planning and subscription renewals.

*        Create policies to automate the document delivery services and supervise two delivery technicians.

*        Collaborate with Jefferson information technology departments to improve library management tools, systems, and electronic resources.

*        Troubleshoot access and content-related issues with aggregators, vendors, and publishers.

*        Consult with faculty and staff on copyright and fair use questions.

*        Stay current with new developments in electronic resource management and document delivery technologies.
If you are eager to work in a team setting where every day you get to support the region's leading students, faculty, and physicians, then we want you by our side. As a Jeffersonian, you'll be encouraged to think outside the box and help us continue to discover new possibilities, in the library and beyond.

Qualifications

*        Master of Science/Information Science, ALA-Accredited MLS or its equivalent in experience, training, and practice

*        Three to five years of professional academic library experience working in electronic resource management is essential

*        Experience with open URL link resolver technology, proxy servers, and relational databases

*        Experience troubleshooting electronic access and subscription-related problems

*        Supervisory experience.
To Apply

*        Visit http://www.jeffersonhr.org

*        Select the Search Jobs tab (Yellow Box).

*        Click the "Search Jobs Now" button on the bottom of the page (you will be directed to our careers page).

*        Once on the careers page, register a username and password to begin the application.

*        Once you have created an account, click on "Keyword Search."

*        Enter the Job Opening ID 9222476 and click "Search."

*        Complete the application and click "Submit."

The information contained in this transmission contains privileged and confidential information. It is intended only for the use of the person named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

CAUTION: Intended recipients should NOT use email communication for emergent or urgent health care matters.