[Eril-l] Kanopy streaming videos - HBO Documentaries problem viewing on campus

Trisha Burr tburr at macalester.edu
Thu Nov 15 11:36:32 PST 2018

Hello,
I too had this problem and was very frustrated!
In our case the videos worked on some machines but not others - even within
technical services. The HBO videos didn't work with Chrome or Firefox but
did work with Safari.

The reason that the videos don't play on my machine is because I have an
extra monitor plugged into my main computer. For my colleague they didn't
work because she plugs her monitor into her laptop. Basically, because of
the DRM, there can't be another cable used on the machine that you're
trying to play the video on (I wish I could explain this a little better).

I would suggest removing anything like this and see if that works for you.
Trisha
btw - the support person at Kanopy had no idea why Safari worked - it
actually shouldn't.

Trisha Burr

Electronic Resources Librarian

DeWitt Wallace Library

651-696-6749 | tburr at macalester.edu

1600 Grand Avenue

Saint Paul, MN 55105 USA

[image: mac-sec-horizontal-logo-150w.jpg]