[Eril-l] Timing of Discovery versus LMS

Shannon Spencer SSPENCER at UT.EDU
Mon May 14 09:51:37 PDT 2018

Thank you, Josh. I appreciate the feedback, and it’s definitely what we’re thinking.

Take care,

Shannon

From: Josh Welker [mailto:welker at ucmo.edu]
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2018 3:16 PM
To: Shannon Spencer <SSPENCER at UT.EDU>
Cc: eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Subject: Re: [Eril-l] Timing of Discovery versus LMS

I would suggest doing discovery first, as it is way less labor- and cost-intensive and has a big impact on users. One thing to consider when you choose a discovery system is to what extent it will be compatible with your future LMS of choice, otherwise you might have to switch discovery services twice. That means if you like Alma, go with Primo or Summon. If you like Sierra or something open-source like Koha or Folio, go with EDS.

Joshua Welker
Information Technology Librarian
James C. Kirkpatrick Library
University of Central Missouri