[Eril-l] Usage Statistical Tool

Peter D Verheyen pdverhey at syr.edu
Wed May 16 10:15:44 PDT 2018

All,

Just subscribed to list on the recommendation of a colleague, and found this thread in the list archive for January 2018, http://lists.eril-l.org/pipermail/eril-l-eril-l.org/2018-January/004169.html. I posted the conundrum and question regarding Intota below to the ARL Assess list with little response. Perhaps there will be more thoughts here...

I'm faced with a conundrum... We use Serials Solutions' Intota Assessment to manage our e-resources and the data we use to report out to ARL, ACL, ...

Before using this, we harvested the data from each vendor manually and combined them to create our annual  reports. Intota does this for us and cleans the data, but over the past year I have seen increasing numbers of vendors drop out of allowing their data to be harvested by Intota by going to two factor authentication (something Intota does not want to deal with). For those that offered it, I switched the vendor statistics configuration over to a SUSHI link, but even there they have problems. Add to this that many vendors we subscribe to do not offer COUNTER compliant reports that can be harvested by Intota.

So, my question is, what are others doing to gather their data for reporting (and other) uses, how are you dealing with increasing gaps in usage data due to vendors like Intota not being able to harvest, and what other options are there besides trying to go out and gather and create your own reports and try to fit things together. I'm sure Intota is not the only one having issue with creating these consolidated and standardized reports.

This has been an increasingly ongoing concern, and this question here triggered by being asked "what level of confidence do you have in your e-resource usage data?"

Many thanks for any thoughts,

Peter

Peter D. Verheyen
Librarian, Research and Emerging Issues Analyst
Syracuse University Libraries
T 315.443.9756
pdverhey at syr.edu<mailto:pdverhey at syr.edu>
222 Waverly Avenue, Syracuse, NY 13244