[Eril-l] UKSG 2019 Call for Topics

Jill Emery jill.emery at gmail.com
Thu May 3 10:02:24 PDT 2018

**with apologies for cross-posting**

The UKSG Committee invites you to suggest topics and speakers for our 2019
Annual Conference, to be held in Telford from Monday 8 to Wednesday 10
April 2019. (Click here for information about Telford: https://www.uksg.org/
abouttelford)

The conference attracts almost 1,000 delegates from across the global
knowledge community, including librarians, publishers and intermediaries.
It provides a much-respected forum for discussing trends, showcasing
initiatives, finding out about current practice across sectors, and
connecting with other professionals.

Suggestions are invited for topics for plenary sessions, breakout sessions
and lightning talks; in all cases, we welcome suggestions of speakers
alongside topic ideas. Please submit your suggestions via the UKSG website:
https://www.uksg.org/UKSG2019Call

The Committee encourages you to get as much relevant and engaging
information as possible into the abstract in order to help with our
selection.

To have a truly engaging conference, UKSG believes we need to hear from
people with a variety of perspectives and backgrounds - and we particularly
want to encourage and include those from under-represented communities.
We're not there yet.  If you do not feel you are ready to present a plenary
or break-out session, please consider presenting a lightning talk, or
volunteering to chair a session or breakout  (For volunteering, please email
 bev at uksg.org).

The deadline for suggestions is Wednesday 6th June. We will aim to contact
you by the end of July to let you know if your idea has been taken up.

**NB: This is a call specifically for the UKSG Annual Conference in Telford,
 8-10 April 2019 and is not associated with the UKSG One-Day Conference
(London, November 2018) **

Bev Acreman

www.uksg.org

UKSG news on Twitter: @UKSG