[Eril-l] LibInsights

Jennifer Bazeley bazelejw at miamioh.edu
Wed Jul 25 08:39:49 PDT 2018

Hi Ed,

We began a subscription to the full LibInsight product last year and I've
been populating it with usage statistics and other stats over the last six
months or so. Like all of the other usage products out there, it requires
some initial time investment to get everything entered and set up. The
usage reports feature allows you to store your vendor log-in data, cost
data, and license files alongside the usage for the platform. As someone
else mentioned, Springshare just added automated SUSHI harvesting, which
was a much needed feature. Set-up of SUSHI credentials is pretty
straightforward and the SUSHI server works as well as any of the other
stats services I've used. The issues that come up are the same as those you
would see with any of the stats products--errors in entering credentials
and server URLs, changing credentials/URLs on the vendor's side, and
vendors who claim to be COUNTER/SUSHI compliant but actually are not.
Otherwise everything works as advertised.

The data analysis is pretty robust and you can also do cross-tabular data
analysis, comparing usage stats against whatever other kind of data you've
uploaded (plus Springshare data from any other modules that you subscribe
to), which is pretty cool. Reports can be entered manually or through
upload of csv files, so lots of flexibility in getting reports and stats
into the system, which is great. For non-usage reports, you have a wide
range of options in setting up and uploading your data--quite adaptable.

The current challenges I have with LibInsight:
-currently only supports DBR1, PR1, JR1 and BR1, 2, and 5. I'm very curious
to see how Springshare will address the changes that will accompany COUNTER
5 next year.
-email notifications that you get post-SUSHI harvest for transactions with
errors identify your platforms by a LibInsight ID number rather than the
name of the platform, which adds a few extra steps when troubleshooting the
problematic platform

Feel free to contact me directly if you have additional or specific
questions!

Thanks,
Jennifer Bazeley

Coordinator, Collection Access & Acquisitions
Miami University Libraries <http://www.lib.miamioh.edu/>
King Library 312
Oxford, OH 45056
p. 513.529.4216 | e. bazelejw at miamioh.edu