[Eril-l] Problems with access to Wiley Journals

Beth Jacoby bjacoby at ycp.edu
Fri Feb 24 06:43:51 PST 2017

​We've also been having problems with Wiley journals. We don't have
trouble getting access to each of our journals, but with them providing
access for all the years to which we're entitled. I prepared a spreadsheet
showing each Wiley journal, which years we should have, and which years to
which we're getting access. That was two weeks ago, and they're still
giving me the run-around.

Many of the titles seem to be former Blackwell titles. In some cases,
they've completely cut off our pre-2013 access; with others, we have the
early years (e.g. 1996-2010), then there's a gap around 2011-2012, then our
access picks up again in 2013. It's inconsistent.

I'd be interested to know if other libraries are having trouble getting
access to their entitled years, or if anyone has suggestions for what may
have happened at Wiley around 2012 (platform change?) that would have
caused them to drop our access to certain years for particular journals.

Beth

Beth Jacoby
Content Development Librarian
Schmidt Library
York College of Pennsylvania
441 Country Club Rd.
York, PA  17403-3651
​717-815-1950

On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 4:42 PM, Rizzo, Sara <srizzo at caldwell.edu> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We've been having a lot of problems with access to our subscriptions from
> Wiley Journals lately and their customer service department has been giving
> us the run around for two weeks now- every person I speak to provides a
> different answer. Even if you get the same person they'll tell you
> something one day then completely change their answer the next day. Is
> anyone else having problems with them too or have an actual contact point?
>
> This isn't the first time we've had problems with Wiley, but usually after
> a week of lots of back and forth our problems are resolved.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Sara
>
> --
> Sara Margaret Rizzo
> *Electronic Resources/Serials Management Librarian*
> *Jennings Library*
> *Caldwell University*
> 120 Bloomfield Avenue
> Caldwell, New Jersey 07006
> 973.618.3501   Fax 973.618.3360
> www.caldwell.edu

This information is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed.
Any review, disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail communication by
others is strictly prohibited.  If you are  not the intended recipient, please notify us
immediately by returning  this message to the sender and delete all copies.