[Eril-l] Electronic journal holdings in local catalog

Melissa Belvadi mbelvadi at upei.ca
Wed Sep 21 09:00:55 PDT 2016

We actually don't use the serials/acq module in our ILS (Evergreen) at all,
although we'll be considering that in the next 12 months. We have been
using our A-to-Z/ERM/OpenURL system as our serials management system, and
(really) Google Sheets for our acquisitions system, so we had nothing to
suppress.  We have very few individual serial subscriptions left to track,
under 300 now and likely to be closer to 200 in 2017 (more cancellations,
sigh), so this is enough. We don't do EDIFACT or anything like that.
I can't imagine why ILL people would want to use the catalogue rather than
the A-to-Z system, but that was never a problem for our ILL people.  As
long as your system has everything in one place, the current, bound,
microforms, etc. with all needed location codes, shelf/call number codes,
etc., they should be happy to have a single search engine to use for all
serial holdings, print and electronic. Ours were.

Melissa

On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 12:55 PM, Laura Turner <lauraturner at sandiego.edu>
wrote:

> Hi Melissa,
>
> Do you maintain suppressed records in your catalog for payment
> information?  Did your Interlibrary Loan department re-vamp their workflow
> after you did that?  We've talked about making some changes to how we
> display our print serial holdings, but our Interlibrary Loan folks claim to
> need the print serial holdings in the catalog as part of their workflow,
> and I honestly haven't explored much about their process to figure out
> why.  Maybe other places have already dealt with this?
>
> Thanks,
> Laura
>
> --
> Laura Turner