[Eril-l] Electronic journal holdings in local catalog

Melissa Belvadi mbelvadi at upei.ca
Wed Sep 21 08:47:13 PDT 2016

We haven't had any of our print as well as electronic serial holdings in
our catalogue since 2008, but had it all in our A-to-Z/openurl system, and
that has worked fine. Very minimal confusion. On our website we have the
Find Journals search as prominent as the Catalog search, so that may be a
factor in our success.

Melissa Belvadi, UPEI
library.upei.ca

On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 12:07 PM, Sheldon, Karen <karen.sheldon at delval.edu>
wrote:

> We have been removing catalog records for our electronic journal holdings
> in our local catalog and have been considering removing bound periodicals
> from the catalog as well. We advertise it as the Book/DVD Catalog and
> encourage student to use the A-Z list to find all periodicals.
>

> What are other libraries doing? Do you maintain local catalog records for
> bound periodicals?
>

> *Karen Sheldon*
>
> Electronic and Instructional Services Librarian
>
> Color Guard Team Adviser
>
> Delaware Valley University
>
> 700 East Butler Ave., Doylestown PA 18901
>
> 215.489.4968 | karen.sheldon at delval.edu

Melissa Belvadi
Collections Librarian
University of Prince Edward Island