[Eril-l] Lynda.com authentication options?

Erin Gallagher EGALLAGHER at Rollins.edu
Thu May 5 12:26:45 PDT 2016

Good afternoon, everyone.
We've just made the decision to subscribe to lynda.com.  If your library supports the lynda.com subscription at your campus, would you mind sharing which of the user authentication methods you chose and why?  We're considering either the IP authentication or email verification; it seems to me that the main difference is that with email verification, users can set up their initial accounts on or off-campus.  Both methods require users to log in to their accounts using their "rollins.edu" email addresses, which brings me to another question:  did you have any concerns about user privacy?  Email spamming and such?
I greatly appreciate your help and shared experience in advance.
Cheers,
Erin

Erin Gallagher
Electronic Resources & Serials Librarian
Olin Library
Rollins College
1000 Holt Avenue
Winter Park, FL 32789