[Eril-l] Video editing tools / downloads

Charlie Rapple charlie at growkudos.com
Tue Mar 22 13:49:35 PDT 2016

Hi Justin,

I recently tried out Animoto (www.animoto.com <http://www.animoto.com/>). There is a free service which worked well enough for me. You upload screenshots and can add text - which I found it a lot easier (and less cringeworthy) than doing screencapturing / recording myself talking through a process. You can’t be too wordy with your text captions but actually that was a really good discipline for keeping it simple!

(Here’s the result of my first effort - this was about ~2 hrs’ work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbbodAB7L2g <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbbodAB7L2g>)

Of course, I’d echo Theresa’s point too about asking your resource providers if they have any ready-made videos you can point to - some might even make you a version with your branding added - but where that approach fails, hopefully you can make something yourself relatively easily!

Good luck!

Charlie.

Charlie Rapple | Co-Founder | Kudos | charlie at growkudos.com <mailto:charlie at growkudos.com> | www.growkudos.com <http://www.growkudos.com/>