[Eril-l] Excessive use with Endnote online search and full text finder

Rathmel, Angela aroads at ku.edu
Wed Mar 9 12:24:43 PST 2016

Hello,

Hoping some of you can help with some questions about Endnote, its search and full text download features, and IPs being blocked for excessive use.

Has anyone experience a pattern of excessive use triggers for patrons using EndNote's Full-Text Online feature?  And have you had success in getting providers to make a global exception to this kind of use?  Or any other suggestion for the user in preventing this?

I have a patron who has successfully used the feature to download the full text PDF from journals published by several major publishers, but with one in particular s/he continues to keep getting our IP blocked.

Is it unreasonable for me to assume that publishers' excessive use triggers could be smart enough to recognize and make an exception to not shut off IPs for activity like this feature in EndNote?

Thanks for your help!
Angie

Angela Rathmel, Head of Acquisitions & Resource Sharing
University of Kansas Libraries
aroads at ku.edu<mailto:aroads at ku.edu>  | atruthbrarian at gmail.com<mailto:atruthbrarian at gmail.com>
785/864-8834 (w) | 785/218-3881 (cell)

St. Silouan the Athonite, on printing this email:
'That green leaf on the tree which you needlessly plucked - it was not wrong, only rather a pity for the little leaf.'