[Eril-l] FW: charge for provision of purchased PQ HNP archive

Steve Oberg steve.oberg at wheaton.edu
Wed Mar 9 08:31:05 PST 2016

Erin,

Thanks for your response. You raise very logical, common sense points, and actually, these were the very same questions that I asked of our ProQuest rep right away. I have not yet been provided with an answer to them.

A significant complicating factor is that I have been unable to locate a local copy of the original agreement. It was signed years ago, probably in the early 2000s.  Obviously, this is a poor situation on our side. I asked ProQuest to provide a copy and hope to have that soon. But I think it’s fair to say that since my time here, we haven’t received any previous, formal communication from ProQuest to alert us to these fees. I’ve been in communication with them off and on for at least two years on this specific thing, and the delivery fees weren’t mentioned until recently.

Interestingly, I’ve heard offlist that at least one other library successfully challenged these fees.

Steve

Steve Oberg<http://www.wheaton.edu/Academics/Faculty/O/Steve-Oberg>
Assistant Professor of Library Science
Electronic Resources and Serials