[Eril-l] Berghahn Journals Online Platform Change

Athena Hoeppner athena at ucf.edu
Wed Feb 24 09:00:04 PST 2016

Thank you for the heads up about your forthcoming transition from Ingenta to PubFactory.  It looks like you are off to a good start. I have a few requests/words of advice:

  *   Please prepare a suggested EZproxy stanza for your content on the new host. You can send the suggested stanza out on the EZproxy discussion list, ERIL, or post it on OCLC's site. The EZproxy discussion list is full of people who can advise you.
  *   If possible run the Ingenta site and PubFactory in parallel for at least one month.  OpenURL resolvers may take a month or more to get the new host and journal links ready, libraries may have to manually change MARC records, and so forth.
  *   Alert OpenURL resolvers and give them the new info as soon as possible. Work with them to make sure they can get your data periodically.
  *   Send out an email to all your customers with a list of the titles and ISSNs, new URLs, and new URL for the admin site.