[Eril-l] Anyone else having trouble accessing Oxford UP articles ??

Susan Henthorn Susan_Henthorn at berea.edu
Fri Feb 19 09:15:05 PST 2016

All,

We access our OUP journals via EBSCO's Full Text Finder (link resolver).  We cannot change 'http' to 'https' without creating a separate entry for each journal, which we would rather not do.  We are waiting for EBSCO to change the links in its Knowledge Base, then push the changes out to our entries.

In the meantime, here is what I sent our staff:

1.       Internet Explorer - EVERYTHING seems to work fine if you use the most recent version.

2.       Safari - EVERYTHING seems to work fine if you use the most recent version.  (At least it works on my iPad Air 2.)

3.       Firefox - if you get 'connection was reset' or similar message, try adding 'https://' in front of the URL in the address window.  I've had good luck with being able to click through to the articles, etc.  Patience is still required for the page load.

4.       Chrome - if you get 'this webpage not available' or similar message, again, try adding 'https://' in front of the URL in the address window.  I've had good luck with being able to click through to the articles, etc.  In some cases, I've had to do this TWICE in order to get the page to load.  Even MORE patience is required with this browser.

5.       Here are the direct links into each of our OUP title's 'Content by year' page.  If you use Firefox or Chrome, going directly to these will be quicker than using our link resolver for the time being.

African Affairs

https://afraf.oxfordjournals.org/content/by/year

English Historical Review

https://ehr.oxfordjournals.org/content/by/year

Journal of Design History

https://jdh.oxfordjournals.org/content/by/year

Journal of the American Academy of Religion

https://jaar.oxfordjournals.org/content/by/year

The Musical Quarterly

https://mq.oxfordjournals.org/content/by/year

The Quarterly Journal of Economics

https://qje.oxfordjournals.org/content/by/year

FYI, http://www.oxfordjournal.org should be corrected to http://www.oxfordjournals.org, as the correct address.  The former URL (without the 's' in journals) appears to bring up other random websites.

Susan
* - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - *
Susan K. Henthorn, Reference Librarian &
Electronic Resources Coordinator
Hutchins Library, Room 213                                                  (859) 985-3268
Berea College                                               susan_henthorn at berea.edu<mailto:susan_henthorn at berea.edu>
Berea, KY   40404
community.berea.edu/hutchinslibrary/people/susanhenthorn.asp<http://community.berea.edu/hutchinslibrary/people/susanhenthorn.asp>
digital.berea.edu
A problem well stated is a problem well solved.   - Charles Kettering
Save our in-boxes! http://emailcharter.org<http://emailcharter.org/>