[Eril-l] ebrary site slow recently

Siemon, Heather hsiemon at bridgeport.edu
Fri Dec 2 09:44:15 PST 2016

Thank you, Heather and Beth.

I first heard about it and reported it to ebrary on Nov 17:
We are having some issues accessing the ebrary site (http://site.ebrary.com/lib/bridgeport).  Very slow to load, and then "The connection was reset".  Next few tries I'm getting "Service Temporarily Unavailable  The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later."  Is there something going on with the ebrary site?

I received the automated response but never an actual response from support.

Then reported to me yesterday about the previous couple of nights:
Ebrary loading very slowly. I have found this to be the case 2 nights in a row now and it is not consistent but it has been very slow in loading, waiting several minutes. I find this unusual for Ebrary.

This is the ebrary response for the ticket I opened yesterday:
I don't have any other reports of slowness during those hours.  Could you tell me more about the conditions that you're seeing this under?  (what browser you were using; were you on or off campus; where you downloading, searching, reading?)

If you see it again could you note the time and the document you were trying to access so I can take a look at the logs and see if there is anything that might be a likely culprit?

And from the same staff:
The issue that arose the previous night took place on 2 separate devices. One was a desktop at the reference interview area and the other was on my own laptop. I tried both Chrome and IE with my laptop and also with the desktop device I think I tried 2 different browsers. I was more attentive to the student that I was facing I must admit, as it was a bit embarrassing to not have a resource available when I was trying to demonstrate how great a resource it was.  A bit slow today but tolerable.

If anyone is experiencing slowness, it might be good to email ebrary about it with the suggested info so they can have more data. support at ebrary.com

Thanks again for the feedback!
--heather