[Eril-l] BrowZine

Hartnett, Eric J ehartnett at library.tamu.edu
Wed Sep 9 14:27:13 PDT 2015

Hi Alice,

We've had a subscription to BrowZine for about a year and half and I last looked at usage about 6 months ago. At that time, based on the price, we paid about $4.50 per full text view. Since it's more of a tool rather than content and we haven't had it that long, it's hard to say whether that usage can be considered good. We have two instances, one for our main campus and one for our health science center. Our medical library has promoted BrowZine quite a bit more and their users have really responded so much so that HSC usage was actually higher than usage from the rest of our campus. We were happy enough with the product and usage that we renewed for two more years and added the Web version which I think will get some use as we did have requests for access through a desktop browser before the web version was even announced.

I hope this helps.

-Eric

Eric Hartnett
Associate Professor
Electronic Resources Librarian
Texas A&M University Libraries
ehartnett at library.tamu.edu<mailto:ehartnett at library.tamu.edu>

316D Library Annex | 5000 TAMU | College Station, TX 77840

Tel. 979.845.0797 | Fax. 979.458.1630

http://library.tamu.edu<http://library.tamu.edu/>