[Eril-l] JSTOR having problems?

Sara Colglazier scolglaz at mtholyoke.edu
Mon Oct 12 13:43:02 PDT 2015

Hi,
JSTOR has not been working for some hours now, for us, and seems to be
working less and less, if that makes sense. By which I mean, earlier today
it still recognized that I was coming from Mount Holyoke College but would
not behave in other ways, then it was page cannot load errors, now it is
not even recognizing my IP and Login gets me:
Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance
downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
------------------------------
Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu) Server at www.jstor.org Port 443
Something is really wrong. I wish they would post some sort of message
about being down, aware, and trying to fix.
Sara Colglazier
E-Resources & Discovery Services Librarian
Discovery and Access: Discovery Services, Rm. 433
Library, Information, & Technology Services (LITS)
Mount Holyoke College
50 College Street
South Hadley, MA 01075
T: 413-538-2437

On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 4:38 PM, Montgomery, Kathrine E <kmontgom at tulane.edu
> wrote:

> Hi Diane,
>

> It’s not just you.  We just discovered exactly the same problem.
>

> Kate
>

> Kate Montgomery
>
> Electronic Resources Librarian
>
> Tulane University
>
> (504) 865-5686
>
> kmontgom at tulane.edu

Sara Colglazier
Electronic Resources Management and Discovery Services Librarian