[Eril-l] use stats - COUNTER 3 to COUNTER 4 experience

Lingley, Dean R dlingley at purdue.edu
Thu May 14 12:20:02 PDT 2015

Hi Bin,
I agree that the search counts for DB reports are not a surprise, but the full-text counts for the JR1’s was a surprise for us.  Our full-text views for Ebsco had big drops after abandoning Metalib.  After doing some research we realized it was the Full-text HTML views that went down substantially while the PDF full-text views only dropped slightly (90% vs 8%) and from these results I have surmised that any full-text that was delivered to Metalib as a part of the set of search result set was counted as a full-text view.   Has anyone else who used Metalib prominently (It was the default search on our library web page) with Ebsco In a default quickset seen any similar stat differences for JR1’s from Ebsco after moving from Metalib?

Sorry to get off topic slightly from the counter version change, but the change in stats related to Ebsco and Metalib is very fresh in my mind.