[Eril-l] Budget and Operations Manager Position
ajsnann at sandiego.edu
Wed Jun 3 15:13:24 PDT 2015
Please see the job announcement below for a Budget and Operations Manager (administrative position) at the University of San Diego.
Job Title: Budget and Operations Manager
Location: San Diego, CA, US
Organization Name: Copley Library
Reporting to the Dean of the University Library, the Budget and Operations Manager performs management and administrative oversight, as well as guarantees compliance with University policies and procedures, regarding library business and fiscal operations.
Reporting to the Dean of the University Library, the Budget and Operations Manager performs management and administrative oversight, as well as guarantees compliance with University policies and procedures, regarding library business and fiscal operations. This individual works closely with the Dean, Head of Technical Services, Head of Access and Outreach Services, Head of Reference, and the Administrative Assistant to the Dean on all library and financial matters, including ensuring that the materials budget (e.g., books, journals, microforms, databases, and media) balances at the end of a fiscal year. He/she assists the Dean of the University Library with budget proposals, contracts, grant management, human resources administration, and equipment management. This individual assists the Dean of the University Library with strategic planning for library services, space development, and funding.
The Budget and Operations Manager hires work-study students, develops and maintains the work-study student training manual for Copley Library and interacts with departments about hiring work-study students. He/she oversees library procurement, maintains library statistics, compiles data, and completes annual surveys. This individual works with University facilities personnel on matters involving the library building. He/she collaborates with the Administrative Assistant to accomplish tasks in the Administrative Office.
The Budget and Operations Manager reports to the Dean of the University Library, receiving broad policy guidance and direction, and hires over 25-35 work-study students for Copley Library.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintains Copley Library Accounts
• Responsible for managing the work-study student program in Library
• Initiates process for procuring goods, services, supplies, equipment, and furniture
• Oversees building maintenance and security
• Maintains statistics and completes surveys
• Other duties as assigned
• Graduation from an accredited college with a Bachelor’s Degree
• At least three years of progressively responsible administrative experience.
• Possess a strong math aptitude.
• MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
• Experience working in an academic or research library.
Performance Expectations: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Budget planning and allocation
• Knowledge of fiscal and accounting operations and practices
• Knowledge of laws, regulations, policies, procedures, and best practices pertaining to accounting transactions and internal controls
• Leadership ability, analytical skills, creative and innovative problem-solving skills, and a strong commitment to service excellence
• Competence in strategic planning
• Ability to implement or revise systems and workflows
• Ability to effectively manage multiple budget activities, with different timelines and deliverables from multiple sources
• Ability to analyze financial and other information, problems, practices, or procedures to identify issues; articulate concerns; formulate logical and objective conclusions and recommend solutions
• Ability to lead, co-ordinate, and contribute to projects from conception through implementation
• Skill in supervision, including hiring, orienting, training, organizing workflow, delegating responsibility, providing direction, monitoring and evaluating performance, and coaching and counseling as necessary
• Ability to be flexible and nimble
• Ability to prioritize duties and meet deadlines
• Ability to work effectively under pressure
• Knowledge of USD procurement policies and procedures
• Thorough knowledge of the automated library system
• Ability to work cooperatively with staff and librarians in various departments
• Ability to use personal computers, software, the Web, and financial systems
• Ability to respond effectively to questions from individuals both external and internal to the University
• Strong customer service orientation
• Must maintain confidentiality
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes. Serious candidates are encouraged to request official transcripts to help expedite the hiring process.
Salary: Commensurate with experience; Excellent Benefits. The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a 12% retirement contribution given to you by the University, and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. The university's website is www.sandiego.edu<http://www.sandiego.edu>.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week; Monday-Friday from 9:00am – 5:00pm
Closing date: June 12, 2015
The University of San Diego is a private, Roman Catholic university with over 7,800 undergraduate and graduate students.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego will be a smoking and tobacco-free campus effective August 18, 2015. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree<http://www.sandiego.edu/smokefree>.
How to Apply
To apply, go to http://www.sandiego.edu/administration/businessadmin/humanresources/jobopportunities/faculty_openings.php and follow these steps:
1) Click on the link for Search Jobs
2) Click on the link for all current job openings
3) Click on the link for IRC 17207
4) Click Apply Now and register as an applicant
Please upload the following documents (please do not send any additional materials). If you have difficulty uploading any documents, please contact Human Resources at (619) 260-6806 and reference job posting IRC 17207.
a) Letter of application
c) Names, addresses and telephone numbers of five professional references.
Questions can be directed to Dr. Theresa S. Byrd, Dean of the University Library, (619) 260-2370, tsbyrd at sandiego.edu<mailto:tsbyrd at sandiego.edu>
Electronic Resources and Serials Librarian
Helen K. and James S. Copley Library
University of San Diego
5998 Alcalá Park
San Diego, CA 92110-2492
Phone: (619) 260-7724
Fax: (619) 849-8301
ajsnann at sandiego.edu<mailto:ajsnann at sandiego.edu>
Copley Library: Explore ▪ Discover ▪ Succeed
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Eril-l