[Eril-l] Which Conference?

Mary Bailey redhead at ksu.edu
Fri Dec 4 13:25:03 PST 2015

Hello, Kathy,

I've been in  serials/electronic journals work for 16 years now and attended both ER&L and NASIG.  ER&L is great for the electronic aspect, but if you want  more than just the electronics I would suggest NASIG.   Both are great conferences, but you can do the ER&L online for a much lower cost and still go to NASIG, which is what I have done the past 3 years.  It has worked pretty well.

As someone said, if you want to get involved, NASIG is a perfect place to do that and to really get acquainted with people who work in all  aspects of publishing, jobbers and libraries.  Its a great organization that I highly recommend for anyone working with any continuing resource, electronic or print.  Discussions include all kinds of things.  Take some time to review past conferences to get a feel for it.

Hope you will enjoy whatever you chose to do.  They are all great conferences.

- Mary

Mary Bailey
Continuing Resources Librarian
Kansas State University Libraries