[Eril-l] counter compliant electronic usage statistics

Edward Walton ewalton at sbuniv.edu
Fri Aug 21 06:35:43 PDT 2015

I cannot verify this statement, but Counter 4 seems to counting usage quite differently than Counter 3.  In particular, I'm concerned about e-book usage.  Our e-book use numbers have dropped dramatically, more than 50% less, after Counter 4 implementation.  I do not believe e-books have stopped being used, but if I believe the stats I should stop buying them.

Dr. Edward W. Walton
Dean, University Libraries
Southwest Baptist University
1600 University Ave
Bolivar, Mo. 65613
T: 417-328-1619
F: 417-328-1652

Blessed is the man who finds wisdom, the man who gains understanding,
for she is more profitable than silver and yields better returns than gold. (Proverbs 3:13-14)