[Eril-l] counter compliant electronic usage statistics

Amy Lynn Fry afry at bgsu.edu
Fri Aug 21 06:25:34 PDT 2015

Oh, absolutely.

It also happens when a resource changes vendors or a vendor changes its platform.

I think it's another indication of the care we need to take in using stats as a metric. They're indispensable - I'm getting to the point where I am really pushing back on subscribing to ANYTHING that doesn't supply stats of some kind - but they're not flawless, and therefore they have to remain just ONE thing we look at in evaluating a resource.

Amy Fry
Associate Professor, Electronic Resources Coordinator
Bowling Green State University
Jerome Library
Bowling Green, OH 43403
afry at bgsu.edu