[Eril-l] Ebsco Admin and Collection Manager pwd problems

Harolyn Hylton harolyn at mit.edu
Fri Apr 17 10:20:43 PDT 2015

We had a similar issue & went back & forth with EBSCO.
They told us that after 6 consecutive attempts at login  the system will force a password reset.  That was all the explanation they could give us.

So, we thought that maybe too many folks were trying to access usage stats in the Admin account, tripping on the credentials, and possible causing the auto password reset, so we asked EBSCO to set up an admin account profile just for Usage Stats.

Since then (5 months) we haven't had to have the password reset.  It's still an experiment in progress.
We also flagged the record to access the admin credentials, with a note stating to enter info carefully.
Harolyn Hylton
E-Resources Associate
Acquisitions & Discovery Enhancement
MIT Libraries