[Eril-l] 2015 Charleston Conference: Call for Papers Now Open

Beth Bernhardt brbernha at uncg.edu
Thu Apr 16 10:48:41 PDT 2015

PLEASE EXCUSE CROSS POSTINGS.

Dear Colleagues,

The Charleston Conference is pleased to announce that our 2015 Call for
Papers and Call for Preconferences forms are now open.  The 2015 Charleston
Conference (www.katina.info/conference) will be held November 4-7 in
beautiful historic downtown Charleston, SC.  The 35th annual
conference on *Issues
in Book and Serial Acquisition *will  have the theme *"Where Do We Go From
Here?"*

The Call for Preconferences form is online at http://www.katina.info/
conference/participate/call-preconferences/. The deadline to receive
proposals for preconference sessions is *April 30, 2015*.  All
preconferences will be held on Wednesday, November 4.

The Call for Papers form is online at
*http://www.katina.info/conference/participate/call-for-papers/
<http://www.katina.info/conference/participate/call-for-papers/>*.  The
deadline to receive session proposals is* June 17, 2015*.  We are looking
for proposals on any topic relating to collection development and
acquisitions, but especially those that tie into our theme, *"Where Do We
Go From Here?"*  The main conference will be held from Thursday, November 5,
through Saturday, November 7, and we are seeking proposals for the
following sessions:

   - *Lively (Lunchtime) Discussions*: 75 minute sessions on Thurs or Fri,
   focused on audience interaction and discussion. Power Points are
   discouraged.  Bringing your own lunch is optional for attendees.
   - *Concurrent Sessions*: 45 minute sessions on Thurs or Fri, standard
   presentation with 5-10 minutes for Q&A..
   - *Innovation Sessions*: 30 minute sessions on Saturday, focused on new
   technology, innovations, etc.
   - *Poster Sessions*: 60 minute sessions on Thurs or Fri, 6 ft. table and
   chairs provided. You are responsible for bringing your own poster and
   display board appropriate for table top display.
   - *Shotgun Sessions*: 6 minute, 40 second PowerPoint presentations of 20
   slides at 20 seconds each. A group of topically related Shotgun Sessions
   will be grouped together in a single concurrent session time slot.

Please contact Leah Hinds with any questions at leah at katina.info.  We look
forward to seeing you in Charleston this November!

Cordially,

The Charleston Conference Team

Beth R. Bernhardt
Assistant Dean for Collection Management and Scholarly Communications
University Libraries
University of North Carolina Greensboro
PO Box 26170
Greensboro, NC 27402