[Eril-l] Hamilton and Disney+

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Mon Sep 23 12:45:04 PDT 2024

I may be out of the loop so if someone who is more informed can comment and correct me, please do. We have had several cases locally over the past few years where a faculty member wishes to show the movie, Hamilton, which is exclusively available on Disney+. Due to that platform’s terms and conditions, which specify personal/home use only, I have denied requests. Is there any change here in terms of options to allow it? Other than purchasing public performance rights, I mean?

Steve

Steve Oberg
Assistant Professor and Team Leader for Acquisitions and Discovery Services
Campus Copyright Liaison
Library | Wheaton College (IL)
+1 (630) 752-5852