[Eril-l] Request for participation in interviews...

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Tue Sep 17 10:44:12 PDT 2024

Hello Eril-listers,

First off – I’m not selling you anything!

I’m a PhD student of Information Science at Dalhousie University in Nova Scotia, Canada. I’m taking a step back from my research to challenge my assumptions about the barriers students and educators face when trying to find scientific publications relevant to their needs. I’m writing you all on this list as you have vast collective experience in not only the technical challenges but behavioural as well.

If you have 20 minutes for a brief conversation about the barriers, (cultural, social, technical, motivational, etc) that exist in disseminating research outcomes, (specifically publications), then I would greatly appreciate hearing from you. What’s the top barrier from your perspective?

Many thanks for your time and patience! Please feel free to correspond with me directly to reduce the load on the list: poppy.riddle at dal.ca<mailto:poppy.riddle at dal.ca>

Warm regards,
Poppy

-- Poppy Nicolette Riddle
Pronouns: she/her What's this?<https://www.mypronouns.org/what-and-why>
Instructor – Faculty of Mangement
&
Interdisciplinary PhD student
Department of Information Science in the Faculty of Management
Department of  Human-Computer Interaction in the Faculty of Computer Science
Dalhousie University
poppy.riddle at dal.ca<mailto:poppy.riddle at dal.ca>

Dalhousie University is located in Mi’kma’ki, the ancestral and unceded territory of the Mi’kmaq. We are all Treaty people.

We acknowledge the histories, contributions, and legacies of the African Nova Scotian people and communities who have been here for over 400 years.