[Eril-l] It’s time to submit session proposals for the 2025 NISO Plus Baltimore conference!

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Tue Oct 8 10:00:06 PDT 2024

**Apologies for cross posting**

Do you have thoughts on how to address big issues and challenges in the
information community? Are there potential solutions that you’d like to
discuss with other professionals? If you have ideas to share or explore,
then we encourage you to submit a proposal
<https://forms.gle/K7gVxj42KozTCm4W7> for the 2025 NISO Plus Baltimore
<https://niso.plus/> conference, to be held at the Baltimore Marriott
Waterfront
<https://www.marriott.com/en-us/hotels/bwiwf-baltimore-marriott-waterfront/overview/>
on February 10–12.

NISO Plus Baltimore is a great opportunity to meet and collaborate in
person with professionals from across the information community to address
the most pressing issues in scholarly communications. We welcome proposals
from everyone across the scholarly communications ecosystem—those working
for libraries, publishers, scholarly infrastructure and tech providers,
government agencies, and more—no matter your title or career level.

And as with any NISO Plus conference, ideas emerging from the meeting will
help to shape discussions about future NISO projects. To facilitate the
generation of these ideas, sessions are expected to include approximately
45 minutes of presentation or panel discussion followed by a discussion and
Q&A period (30–35) in which participants will collaborate to identify
common problems and brainstorm solutions.

Broad topics of interest include (but aren't limited to) the following:

   -

   AI and emerging technologies
   -

   Archiving and preservation
   -

   Global issues
   -

   Information quality and ethics
   -

   Research integrity
   -

   Metadata
   -

   Metrics
   -

   Open scholarship and open access
   -

   Identity, access, and privacy
   -

   Peer review
   -

   Persistent identifiers
   -

   Research infrastructure
   -

   Research integrity and ethics
   -

   Sustainability

As part of our ongoing efforts to improve and support diversity, equity,
inclusion, and accessibility (DEIA) in the information community
<https://groups.niso.org/higherlogic/ws/public/download/26870>, we strongly
encourage proposals that reflect a variety of perspectives—geographical,
organizational, functional, etc.—and acknowledge and address DEIA
challenges and opportunities. We therefore recommend that your proposal
include either confirmed speakers or examples of who you plan to invite to
speak.

Please submit your proposal by November 1. All submissions will be reviewed
by the NISO Plus 2025 Planning Committee, and we will inform everyone of
their decisions by November 15.

We look forward to hearing from you
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdwTeyV-rnqJMLUE08rJrLkhH5ENY_7wfNbDvCIsg34qjsdow/viewform?usp=sf_link>!
Your ideas help to ensure that our meeting represents the broadest range
possible of concerns and interests in the information community.

Best wishes,

The NISO Team

NISO
3600 Clipper Mill Road, Suite 302