[Eril-l] OLAC 2024 Conference Call for Posters and Lightning Talks

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Thu May 30 08:55:22 PDT 2024

OLAC 2024 Conference Call for Posters and Lightning Talks - Deadline Friday July 26, 2024

The OLAC 2024 Conference Program Planning Subcommittee is seeking proposals for posters and lightning talks on topics related to descriptive or subject cataloging of media. Topics need not be 100% media cataloging. We want to hear all of your creative ideas!

The hybrid conference<https://olacinc.wildapricot.org/conferences/> will be held virtually and in person at the University of Minnesota Twin Cities campus in Minneapolis, Minnesota on Oct. 8-10, 2024. The theme of the conference will be "May You Live In Interesting Times: Navigating The Future of AV Cataloging."

Poster sessions will be in person only. Lightning talks may be in person or virtually. We are soliciting proposals for:

1. Poster Presentations. We are soliciting proposals for poster presentations relevant to innovative projects and research in all areas of specialized cataloging, such as video, music, cartographic, objects, electronic resources, etc. to share with your OLAC peers.
In-person only.

2. Lightning Talks. We are soliciting proposals for short oral presentations that are approximately 5-7 minutes long and focus on aspects of research, policy, projects, cataloger's judgment, workflow, time management, job justification, linked data projects, or any other related topics. Presenters may present in person or virtually.

Submit your ideas by Friday July 26, 2024 using the proposal submission form<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd-r2OztioPZIfGs8cLF4n5Jm5SVA8zFhfToTksTEmTJi79Wg/viewform?usp=sf_link>.

Please direct questions to Lisa Romano (Lisa.Romano at umb.edu<mailto:Lisa.Romano at umb.edu>) and Gary Moore (mooreg at uncw.edu<mailto:mooreg at uncw.edu>)

Gary Moore
Lead Cataloging Librarian