[Eril-l] [EXT] Re: *PLEASE HELP* Methods to assess non-COUNTER-compliant resources

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Mon Mar 11 07:21:01 PDT 2024

We use a "mapped metric type", which is a set of metrics that includes all of COUNTER R5 plus a few others, like "Sessions".  If the metric is COUNTER R5, then the mapped metric type is the same as the COUNTER metric type.  If it's not R5, then we decide which R5 metric it is closest to and use that.  We use a program to automatically assign the mapped metric types, and then we use the mapped metric type in our analyses.  In our reports of usage at the resource level, we indicate the source of usage data - COUNTER or non-COUNTER, to provide context.

Does that help?

Karen R. Harker, MLS, MPH
Collection Assessment Librarian
UNT Libraries