[Eril-l] Join us for Open Research: A NISO Training Series!

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Tue Jul 16 09:05:55 PDT 2024

**Apologies for cross posting**

We are pleased to announce our upcoming training series on Open Research
<https://www.niso.org/events/open-research-2024-niso-training-series>,
starting in September! Join us and enhance your understanding of the
scholarly communications ecosystem as you learn from the experts as well as
peers in small group discussions.

NISO TRAINING SERIES—EARLY BIRD DEADLINE SEPTEMBER 12

Open Research
<https://www.niso.org/events/open-research-2024-niso-training-series>

Thursdays, 11:00 am–12:30 pm EDT (US/Canada)

September 26–November 21, 2024

Most professionals engaged in supporting or conducting research have heard
of various aspects of open science and scholarship. But how well do we
understand the principles underlying open research? And how can we apply
knowledge of open research in our own institutional and organizational
contexts?

Using the research cycle as a framework, this course will help you navigate
the open research landscape in lively, information-packed sessions.
Sessions will cover the following topics:

   -

   research preparation, public engagement, and citizen science
   -

   preregistration, reproducibility issues, and open code
   -

   open data
   -

   preprints, open access, and publication strategies
   -

   open peer review
   -

   metadata and open science in monitoring and assessment

You will learn how all these concepts and practices are applied by
researchers and supported by librarians, data managers, and other
professionals. All sessions combine presentation, demonstrations, hands-on
exploration, and discussion. You will leave the course with knowledge and
insights but also with ideas and inspiration to include open research
perspectives and practices in your own role and context.

The series consists of eight weekly segments, each lasting 90 minutes:

   -

   September 26
   -

   October 3, 10, 17, 31 (no class on October 24)
   -

   November 7, 14, 21

Each session will be recorded, and registrants will be given access within
two business days of the close of the specific session.

Training Facilitators: Bianca Kramer, Librarian for Life Sciences and
Medicine, Utrecht University, and Jeroen Bosman, Scholarly Communications
and Geoscience Librarian, Utrecht University

See the NISO website for the full program
<https://www.niso.org/events/open-research-2024-niso-training-series>. Early
bird rates
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/open-research-a-2024-niso-training-series-tickets-934505921367>
are good through September 12; discounts are also available for NISO
members and groups.

We hope you’ll join us for this unique professional development
opportunity! And remember, register by September 12
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/open-research-a-2024-niso-training-series-tickets-934505921367>
to take advantage at early bird rates.

Best wishes,

The NISO Team NISO 3600 Clipper Mill Road, Suite 302 Baltimore, MD 21211
Phone: 301.654.2512 E-mail: nisohq at niso.org