[Eril-l] DPI2024 Registration is now open!

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Tue Jul 16 06:55:48 PDT 2024

Apologies for cross posting.

[cid:image001.png at 01DAD46F.01282F00]

Dear all,

The DPI 2024 Steering Committee is excited to announce that registration is now open for the 10th Annual Digital Pedagogy Institute (DPI)<https://uwaterloo.ca/digital-pedagogy-institute/about>. The DPI will take place August 13th to 15th, 2024. This year’s events will take place virtually, via Zoom. Everyone is welcome to attend! Registration is required and is free of charge. Please register through our website<https://uwaterloo.ca/digital-pedagogy-institute/registration>. Registration closes August 5, 2024.

Our streams this year are six-fold and include: Critical Ideologies and Digital Pedagogy; Digital Decolonialism; Inclusivity, Accessibility and Digital Pedagogy; Sustainability, Renewability, and Environmental Costs in the digital sphere; Digital Pedagogy and the Post-Truth Society; Digital Pedagogy and Emerging Technologies. Learn more about our themes<https://uwaterloo.ca/digital-pedagogy-institute/about>.

DPI2024 will provide live captioning for our Keynote Speaker sessions. The concurrent sessions will have Zoom auto-captions with available transcripts. Our keynote speakers<https://uwaterloo.ca/digital-pedagogy-institute/> are Dr. Maha Bali<https://blog.mahabali.me/>, Dr. Emily Drabinski<https://www.emilydrabinski.com/>, and Dr. Rua Mae Williams<https://www.coliberationlab.io/?_ga=2.74287697.2144551230.1717713629-1637163048.1717713629>. We have a wide range of sessions scheduled that include presentations, short and long workshops, and software demos.

  *   A draft version of our short schedule<https://uwaterloo.ca/digital-pedagogy-institute/sites/ca.digital-pedagogy-institute/files/uploads/files/dpi2024_short_schedule_july_12_2024_.pdf> is currently available.
  *   A draft version of our full schedule with abstracts<https://uwaterloo.ca/digital-pedagogy-institute/sites/ca.digital-pedagogy-institute/files/uploads/files/dpi2024_schedule_abstracts_july_15_2024.pdf> is currently available.
  *   We have released a link to a PDF for recordings<https://uwaterloo.ca/digital-pedagogy-institute/sites/ca.digital-pedagogy-institute/files/uploads/files/dpi2023_recording_info.docx.pdf> of some of the sessions from DPI 2023.

Looking forward to “seeing you” in August.  Your DPI 2024 Steering Committee:

  *   Dr. Mohammed Estaiteyeh - Brock University
  *   Dr. David Hutchison - Brock University
  *   Timothy Ireland - University of Waterloo
  *   Cheryl Lepard - University of Toronto Scarborough
  *   Paulina Rousseau - University of Toronto Scarborough
  *   Michelle Schwartz - Toronto Metropolitan University
  *   Nada Savicevic - Toronto Metropolitan University

Tim Ireland (he/him)
Liaison Librarian,
Psychology, Anthropology, & The Stratford School of Interaction Design and Business
University of Waterloo
Waterloo, On

519-888-4567 X 45061
tireland at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:tireland at uwaterloo.ca>

Co-Chair of DPI 2024
https://uwaterloo.ca/digital-pedagogy-institute/

http://subjectguides.uwaterloo.ca/anthropology
https://subjectguides.uwaterloo.ca/gbda
https://subjectguides.uwaterloo.ca/mdei
http://subjectguides.uwaterloo.ca/psychology
https://subjectguides.uwaterloo.ca/zotero

[signature_1827294884]
The University of Waterloo acknowledges that we are on the traditional territory of ‎ the Neutral, Anishnawbe and Haudenosaunee peoples. The University of Waterloo is situated on the Haldimand Tract<https://www.sixnations.ca/LandsResources/HaldProc.htm>, the land promised to the Six Nations that includes six miles on each side of the Grand River.