[Eril-l] Changes to EBSCOhost searching capabilities (not the new interface)

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Fri Jan 26 12:42:57 PST 2024

Hello all,
We notice something new and undesirable when searching in any of our
EBSCOhost databases.
1. Start by entering search terms.
2. Then select limiters including Academic Journals under Sources Types.
3. Adjust the search terms and hit Enter.
4. Other limiters (for example, date range) remain, but Source Types has
reverted to All Results.

This was not previously the case. We have screen recordings of past
searches where the source type limiter was "sticky" and remained in place
as search terms were adjusted.

EBSCO says this was never possible and to send in an enhancement request.
(Hit head on desk.)
Has anyone else noticed this change?  Do you know a trick to make the
source type sticky?
Thanks
Jackie

Jackie DeLong (she/her)

Resources Librarian

540-665-4819 | *jdelong at su.edu <jdelong at su.edu>*

Shenandoah University Libraries
<https://libguides.su.edu/UniversityLibraries>
1460 University Dr., Winchester, VA 22601

<https://www.facebook.com/ShenandoahUniversityLibraries>
<https://www.instagram.com/susmithlibraries/>
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/jackie-delong/>