[Eril-l] Join NISO at these February events

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Wed Jan 24 12:48:26 PST 2024

**Apologies for cross posting**

The New Year is well underway, and so is NISO’s 2024 events schedule! Our
monthly roundtable webinar covers Librarians, Researchers, Publishers and
Social Change
<https://niso.org/events/librarians-researchers-publishers-social-change>
on February 7 and is followed by our much-anticipated annual NISO Plus
Conference <https://niso.plus/> on February 13–14!

MONTHLY ROUNDTABLE WEBINAR - FREE FOR NISO MEMBERS

Librarians, Researchers, Publishers and Social Change
<https://niso.org/events/librarians-researchers-publishers-social-change>

Wednesday, February 7, 11.00 am–12:00 pm ET(US/Canada)

This event is designed to unite libraries, publishers, and researchers in a
shared mission: to drive positive social change through academic
collaboration, ethical publishing practices, and information advocacy. What
are the roles and responsibilities of each ecosystem member? What are some
strategies for fostering collaborative partnerships that promote DEIA
principles? Learn about how to make a meaningful social impact through
knowledge sharing.

Speakers: Marlowe Bogino, Clinical and Reference Librarian and Assistant
Professor, CMSRU Library of Rowan University, Sheila Craft-Morgan, Research
Impact Librarian and Assistant Professor, Ohio State University; and Evan
Simpson, Associate Dean, Experiential Learning and Academic Engagement,
Northeastern University Library.

Daniel Ridge, Acquisitions Editor and Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
Lead, of Emerald Publishing served as the NISO Education Committee program
lead in the coordination of this program and will be the webinar moderator.

Registration is not required for NISO members. Non-members, please register
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/niso-webinar-librarians-researchers-publishers-social-change-registration-768553372827?aff=oddtdtcreator>
(includes unlimited attendees from your organization). The recording will
be shared with all registered attendees.

NISO PLUS PRE-CONFERENCE

Introduction to AI and Machine Learning in Scholarly Communications
<https://sched.co/1UlA7>

Hyatt Regency Inner Harbor, Baltimore, Maryland

Monday, February 12, 1:00–5:00 pm ET (US/Canada)

Join facilitator Andromeda Yelton <https://andromedayelton.com> for an
afternoon workshop examining the current state of AI and machine learning
systems. We'll look at the history of how we got where we are and explore
what the current state-of-the-art machine learning services (both
analytical and generative AI) can do. We'll also explore a variety of tools
in order to illustrate how these systems work. You'll come away with a
thorough understanding of the services and systems that might be used in
your organization and the risks involved in those uses.

Register now
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/niso-plus-baltimore-2024-tickets-730776782027?aff=nisoplusweb>
to attend the pre-conference, the main meeting, or both!

NISO Plus 2024 in Baltimore <https://niso.plus/baltimore/>

Hyatt Regency Inner Harbor, Baltimore, Maryland

February 13–14, 2024

Now in its fifth year—and in person for the first time since 2020—this
annual event will bring attendees from across the information industry to
discuss challenges and opportunities around AI, open access, metadata, and
more.

The NISO Plus Conference will feature expert panel discussions and keynote
speakers including Ed Pentz, this year’s Miles Conrad awardee, and Thomas
Padilla. The program will be highly interactive, providing participants
with many opportunities to discuss and engage with other attendees and
vendors as we collaborate to to identify challenges and opportunities in
the information community. Breaks and receptions will also  give
participants time for developing new connections.

Register now
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/niso-plus-baltimore-2024-tickets-730776782027?aff=nisoplusweb>—discounts
available for groups and NISO members.

Thank you to our NISO Plus 2024 sponsors, Atla <https://www.atla.com/>, ASME
<https://www.asme.org/>, ASTM International <https://www.astm.org/>, Bowker
<https://www.bowker.com/>, Cadmore Media <https://cadmore.media/>, the American
Chemical Society <https://www.acs.org>, CHORUS
<https://www.chorusaccess.org/>, Clarivate <https://www.clarivate.com>,
Crossref <https://www.crossref.org/>, EBSCO <https://www.ebsco.com/>, Edaptive
Technologies <https://edaptivetechnologies.com>, figshare
<https://figshare.com>, the journal Information Services and Use
<https://www.iospress.com/catalog/journals/information-services-use>, Modern
Language Association <https://www.mla.org/>, OpenAthens
<https://www.openathens.net/>, the Open Science Framework
<https://osf.io>, Project
MUSE <https://muse.jhu.edu/>, Silverchair, <https://www.silverchair.com/> SPIE
Digital Library <https://www.spiedigitallibrary.org/?SSO=1>, Stony Brook
University Libraries <https://library.stonybrook.edu/>, and UC Berkeley
Library <https://www.lib.berkeley.edu/>!

Don’t forget to check the NISO Plus program
<https://niso.plus/niso-plus-baltimore-2024-preliminary-schedule/> for the
latest on sessions and speakers, and in the meantime, we hope to see you
this month—online, in Baltimore, or both!

Best,

The NISO Team

NISO

3600 Clipper Mill Road, Suite 302